apex-dev mailing list archives

From Timothy Farkas <...@datatorrent.com>
Subject Spooled Data Structures
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2015 19:57:13 GMT
Hi all,

There is currently a need for Spooled Lists and Heaps. I'd like to be able
to leverage Chandni's large state management or other key value stores
without changing the list or heap implementation. In order to do this I'd
like a Store interface which can be passed to a Spooled Data structure and
used transparently. I was thinking the following for an interface

public interface AddressableStore<VALUE>
{
  public VALUE get(long address);
  public void set(long address, VALUE value);
  public void free(long address);
}

A data structure would then take this and use it to store it's data

  public SpooledArray(AddressableStore<VALUE> addressableStore)
  {
    this.addressableStore = Preconditions.checkNotNull(addressableStore);
  }

  public void add(VALUE value)
  {
    size++;