apex-dev mailing list archives

From Chinmay Kolhatkar <chin...@datatorrent.com>
Subject Re: [APEX-3/APEX-104] Module Separator.
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2015 05:41:45 GMT
Hi,

I want to propose 2 more options for this:
1) $ (Dollar delimited)
Dollar sign is usually to indicate inner classes in Java. Considering that
I believe this can work in REST APIs and CLI as well.

Hence the operator inside module can look like:
Module1*$*Module2*$*Operator1

2) | (Pipe Delimited)
Operator name would look like:
Module1*|*Module2*|*Operator1

3) / (Unix File Seperator)
This seperate is common and used in most of the places. file seperator is
also used to indicate the content inside something.
Operator name would look like:
Module1*/*Module2*/*Operator1

If there are technical challenges in above, I would vote for (::) double
colon.

-Chinmay.

~ Chinmay.