apex-dev mailing list archives

From Vlad Rozov <v.ro...@datatorrent.com>
Subject Re: Encrypted Streams
Date Wed, 16 Dec 2015 19:01:00 GMT
-1. I think that encryption and/or compression should be supported by
the network layer and not by input/output ports. It should be property
of a stream like stream locality or globally enabled for a DAG. There is
not much point to have EncryptedInputPort for thread or container local
streams. It is not clear how to handle encrypted port connected to a
regular port.

Thank you,

Vlad