apex-dev mailing list archives

From "Ganelin, Ilya" <Ilya.Gane...@capitalone.com>
Subject Creating a common metrics server for internal monitoring
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2015 22:52:18 GMT
Hi, all – presently Apex supports surfacing metrics via the AutoMetrics interface, documented
here:
http://docs.datatorrent.com/autometrics/

However, this only provides utility to monitor operators. I would like to provide a more general
latency suite - fFor example, I would like to instrument metrics around the BufferServer or
the CircularQueue. Not everything in Apex is an operator, and there are other components of
the system around which we may want explicit measurements or metrics. Is this something that
could exist? I know other projects like Spark have similar efforts, although they are equally
underdeveloped :)

material from your computer.