apex-dev mailing list archives

From David Yan <da...@datatorrent.com>
Subject Re: Creating a common metrics server for internal monitoring
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2015 23:12:37 GMT
Hi Ilya,

The AutoMetric interface is mostly designed for application-specific
metrics within an operator -- things like how many frauds are detected, or
the dollar amount processed.

We do have BufferServer bytes and queue tuple count (a.k.a. queue size) as
system metrics. If you have specific metrics that pertain to BufferServer
and CircularBuffer that you're interested in, please state them.  We should
probably add them to system metrics since it's probably useful in general.

David