apex-dev mailing list archives

From David Yan <da...@datatorrent.com>
Subject Re: Creating a common metrics server for internal monitoring
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2015 00:07:09 GMT
Hi Ilya,

Just wanted to make sure I understand correctly.  When you said latencies
for individual tuples, do you mean how many milliseconds on average a tuple
stays in the queue in the upstream operator before
DefaultInputPort.process() is called in the current Operator?

We currently have latency per operator based on the endWindow tuple
dequeueing time.  Although this is not the same, it gives you an idea how
much latency an operator imposes on the stream on a per-window basis.
Example:

$ curl
http://node0.morado.com:9099/ws/v2/applications/application_1447661686850_17918/physicalPlan/operators/11
| python -mjson.tool