apex-dev mailing list archives

From Isha Arkatkar <i...@datatorrent.com>
Subject Using queue for publisher to buffer server communication (APEX-259)
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2015 19:19:27 GMT
Hi all,

   For APEX-259 (https://malhar.atlassian.net/browse/APEX-259), I am
exploring option of passing serialized tuples from publisher to buffer
server through a blocking queue.

Right now, publisher and buffer server reside within the same container,
however, communication between the two goes though sockets. We want to
check if we get any performance benefit by changing this communication to
queue-based one.

This is in exploration phase right now, but if we do see improvement, we
may want to provide it as a pluggable option.

Please let me know your thoughts!

Thanks,
Isha