apex-dev mailing list archives

From Chandni Singh <chan...@datatorrent.com>
Subject Extent of attention to code style in code reviews
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2015 01:23:49 GMT
Since we are getting religious about code styles and concerns are being
raised about wrapping lines in a better way to improve readability, I think
this is one place we can learn from some other apache projects.

https://flink.apache.org/contribute-code.html#code-style

https://maven.apache.org/developers/conventions/code.html

https://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/CodeStyle

IMO none of these projects are enforcing style to the extent we have
adopted.
I think if we start focussing on style to this extent, that is,  where to
break a line while wrapping, then our review process will result in more
frustration. I think this doesn't help the community to grow.

Thanks,
Chandni