apex-dev mailing list archives

From Chandni Singh <chan...@datatorrent.com>
Subject Re: Extent of attention to code style in code reviews
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2015 02:36:57 GMT
Hey David,

In my pull request, I was fixing checkstyle violations. The lines were
broken as per my IDE settings. In order to satisfy everyone's comment I had
to go and tweak the settings however I don't think we achieve anything by
that. I checked Netbeans and eclipse and they don't have as many options as
IntelliJ. So then what does the developer do? Manually go and break the
line where it is desired by the reviewer?

The pull request I created is closed and I think individual owners need to
go and fix the style. However I am concerned if this is the level of review
done on pull requests of a feature.

I agree with Tim completely. We have more important items to work on.

Thanks,
Chandni