apex-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Extent of attention to code style in code reviews
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2015 04:51:38 GMT
Many groups go through a phase of excessive fascination on formatting and
they generally pull back a bit after that.

Same thing that is happening here.

Live and let live. Make it prettier and more readable as you can. Make
checkstyle catch what it can catch reliably and depend on human judgement
for the rest.

Also, if some have better tools for reviewing and fixing these problems,
that's great because they can help make patches prettier.  My own feeling
is that I should be willing to fix the patch rather than bitch about
formatting.  Saves time and effort.