apex-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Incubator vote for Malhar release
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2015 03:53:03 GMT
On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 9:47 AM, Thomas Weise <thomas@datatorrent.com>
wrote:

> Thanks. We have 3 binding votes so we are good with this release.
>
> Also wanted to know if the voting can be expedited for future releases (now
> that we have the basic release kinks worked out).

The issue with this is that expediting the voting means that IPMC members
who would like to review a release but who are not on your dev list are
effectively disenfranchised by a short vote cycle.

As Justin suggested, the answer is to graduate. It won't be that long
before that happens, I would guess.  Making clean releases that have been
well examined is really key to that.

> Is there an option to combine PPMC and IPMC vote and let everyone vote on
> general@ ? In the end, that's the ultimate vote and only IPMC votes are
> binding.

Having the community vote separately is viewed by many as useful since it
is closer to the way the vote will eventually proceed when the project
becomes independent of the incubator.