apex-dev mailing list archives

From Bhupesh Chawda <bhup...@datatorrent.com>
Subject Managing state within an application window
Date Mon, 09 Nov 2015 06:57:43 GMT
Hi All,

I have a question regarding maintaining state of a variable within a single
application window.
If I have a variable which is just needed for a single application window
(just between beginWindow and endWindow calls), do I need to serialize and
checkpoint it? or can I make it transient?

I understand that in case of checkpoint windows being aligned with the
application windows, we can do so. Since in this case, the variable will
start afresh immediately after the checkpoint. However in case of
checkpoints happening in between application windows, this might not be the
case.

In the second case, is there any mechanism using which I can conditionally
make it transient and non-transient based on when the checkpoints happen
with respect to the application windows?

Thanks.
Bhupesh