apex-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Weise <...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] PPMC change
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2015 00:22:46 GMT
Hi,

Please vote on the following Apache Apex (incubating) PPMC membership
change. Please refer to discussion at:

https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-apex-dev/201511.mbox/%3CCAKJfLDOw7on_VLJxAWLjgtpyvRt1d33c4wFNJrRbfYoo6dTifA%40mail.gmail.com%3E

The proposal is to reduce the size of the PPMC to the list of members shown
below (plus mentors) along with guidelines for expansion. If you are on the
initial committer list, then you are currently on the PPMC and should vote
on this proposal.

http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/ApexProposal#Initial_Committers

>From the beginning, the intent of the project was to be very open on
adding committers.
Contributors should be able to join as a committer with a low threshold.
Our aim was and remains building an open community. As stated in the
discussion, it was also the intent to start with a small PPMC and vote in
new members as we go, reflecting a growing and diverse community.

Opportunities for contribution:

   - Code, tests, ideas
   - Pull request review
   - Documentation
   - Organize meetups and other events
   - Participation on email list
   - Web site work
   - Release management and verification
   - Publishing papers and blogs
   - Presenting at conferences

Committer:

   - Contribution in one or multiple of above categories
   - ICLA
   - Voted in by PPMC

PPMC member

   - Existing committer
   - Consistent contribution and activity over a period of time
   - Participation in directional and community building discussions

New PPMC (before mentors)

   - Gaurav Gupta
   - Pramod Immaneni
   - Amol Kekre
   - Chetan Narsude
   - Thomas Weise
   - David Yan

It is our intent to expand this initial PPMC within weeks following the
vote based on the guidelines stated above.

More information on PPMC:  https://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html

Voting ends one week from today, i.e. midnight PST on 2015-11-22
http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20151123T00&p0=886&font=cursive

Thanks,
Thomas