apex-dev mailing list archives

From "Ganelin, Ilya" <Ilya.Gane...@capitalone.com>
Subject RE: Discuss PPMC
Date Mon, 09 Nov 2015 17:22:26 GMT
Sandesh, to elaborate on (1), I just want to confirm that contributions should not be limited
to code contributions. As Thomas points out, individuals may contribute in a variety of ways.

With regards to (2), I think it's fine to have non-committers on the PMC. Individuals who
act as technical mentors may still have valuable input and guidance on the project's direction
and their voice should be reflected in major decisions.

Thank you,
Ilya Ganelin

-----Original Message-----
From: Sandesh Hegde [sandesh@datatorrent.com<mailto:sandesh@datatorrent.com>]
Sent: Monday, November 09, 2015 09:59 AM Eastern Standard Time
To: dev@apex.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Discuss PPMC

1. Commitership only after contributions
2. PMC/ppmc post only for committers

We need to reduce the ppmc size.  We can start with Six and  then they can
vote others in.

Thanks
Sandesh

On Sun, Nov 8, 2015, 10:38 PM Yogi Devendra <yogidevendra@apache.org> wrote:

My vote for:

1. Commitership to be open to all those who desire and wish to contribute.
2. PMC membership to be participation based.

On 9 November 2015 at 05:44, Amol Kekre <amol@datatorrent.com> wrote:

> The original intent of the project was also to be very open on
> committership. Folks who have a desire to start contributing should be
able
> to join as a committer with a very low/negligible/none threshold. Our aim
> was and will continue to be open to building open community.
>
> As per the original intent of the project, this thread and the list to
> evaluate should only be for governance body. Committership should be open
> to all those who desire and wish to contribute.
>
> Thks,
> Amol
>

> On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 11:20 PM, Ganelin, Ilya <
> Ilya.Ganelin@capitalone.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I believe it's important to respect the original intent of the project,
> > namely to have the initial PMC consist of the 6 pre-incubation members.
> > Given that some time has elapsed since that point, however, and
> individuals
> > have had time to become involved in and contribute to the project, I
> think
> > it would be fair to expand the PMC based on the criteria you suggested.
> > suggest that that such individuals as have demonstrated substantive
> > involvement in those categories could be voted in to the PMC at this
> time,
> > rather than at a future date.
> >
> > Just my 2c.
> >

> > Thank you,