apex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <justinmcl...@me.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Apex Malhar Release 3.2.0-incubating (RC1)
Date Mon, 09 Nov 2015 02:34:02 GMT
Hi,

+0 binding

While the release is technically good there a few copyright issues that I think need correcting.
If the other PPMC members think it’s OK to release like this I’ll consider changing my
vote.

I checked:
- release contains “incubating”
- DISCLAIMER exists
- NOTICE and LICENSE are correct [1]
- all source file have apache headers
- no unexpected binaries in source release
- can compile from source

You probably don’t have permission to distribute the content in this file (and a couple
of similar files), as it’s Copyright 2013 Cable News Network.
	contrib/src/test/resources/com/datatorrent/contrib/romesyndication/cnn_topstories_updated.rss

It’s also likely that permission would be need to distribute the contents of these files:
	library/src/test/resources/SocketInputOperatorTest.txt
	demos/wordcount/src/main/resources/com/datatorrent/demos/wordcount/samplefile.txt

I'd also suggest that some of test files content (and links to content) be changed to something
a more more neutral in subject matter. It’s probably best to avoid content concerning politics
and/or race in case it causes offence.

These files still have a Data Torrent copyright:
	./contrib/src/main/html/adsdimension/index.php
	./contrib/src/main/html/siteops/index.php

This file still has a Malhar copyright:
	./contrib/src/main/html/machinedata/index.php

Thanks,
Justin

1. Well other than not mentioning the copyright material contained in the release but I’m
assuming permission wasn’t obtained for that :-)