apex-dev mailing list archives

From Vlad Rozov <v.ro...@datatorrent.com>
Subject Re: Packaging of Modules
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2015 06:10:18 GMT
There was a discussion related to the issue on the mailing list at the
beginning of November
(https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-apex-dev/201511.mbox/%3C56391F1A.6090200%40datatorrent.com%3E).

The proposal was to go with option 2 and see if it will be sufficient. I
guess there is still few open questions left after that discussion.

1. Including module into application will not be different compared to
including any other .jar file - it will be necessary to add module
artifact to the application pom.xml. This will bring all necessary
module dependencies.
2. Thomas proposed to use shading to resolve version conflict issues. It
will be good to have more details on how it will work and who will be
responsible for shading.

Thank you,

Vlad