apex-dev mailing list archives

From Vlad Rozov <v.ro...@datatorrent.com>
Subject Re: Extent of attention to code style in code reviews
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2015 03:08:16 GMT
There are different opinions on what is considered readable, for example

is
                       this
                                                        really
      readable
?

I think we should not allow new code to be checked in that violates
existing checkstyle rules and there are new files merged into devel-3
recently that introduced more violations.

Thank you,

Vlad

On 11/17/15 18:48, Justin Mclean wrote:
> Hi,
>
> IMO It might be best to be a little tolerant when it come to code formatting as if you’re
too strict you'll make it harder for people to contribute.

> If a contribution is an improvement over what was there before and is readable accept
it, it  can be continued to be improved on after it’s accepted.