apex-dev mailing list archives

From "P. Taylor Goetz" <ptgo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Discuss PPMC
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2015 05:13:53 GMT
I think the inclusive-by-default model that Amol suggests is admirable and very much in line
with the Apache Way.

Some Apache projects treat committer status and PMC membership as equal (Committer == PMC),
while others do not (Committer != PMC). This is a decision that all podlings will have to
make.

If Apex goes for the latter (Committer != PMC), I would suggest establishing some documented
guidelines regarding how one advances from Committer to PMC. Criteria, timeframe, etc. --
all can work.

What we don't want is too great a divide between Committers and PMC Members.

Traditionally (AFAIK -- I'd ask other mentors to correct me if I'm wrong...), initial Committers
become the PMC upon graduation.

In light of this information, do we feel the need to change the list of initial Committers?

That might be new territory...

-Taylor