apex-dev mailing list archives

From "Ganelin, Ilya" <Ilya.Gane...@capitalone.com>
Subject CodeStyle and CheckStyle Inconsistencies
Date Tue, 20 Oct 2015 15:42:58 GMT
All - there are some issues I’ve already run into with the CodeStyle/CheckStyle settings.
I suggest we start a JIRA to track these unless you have a preferred approach.

1) CheckStyle dictates that chained method calls be on different lines but also dictates that
a space may not precede a period. The below is thus invalid:
    Foo.bar
         .cat
2) Continuation Indent is set to 4 in CheckStyle but set to 2 by default in CodeStyle
3) We should really enforce line limits (for the sake of readability) and should therefore
amend the wrapping behavior of methods. However, this will require updating CheckStyle as
well.
4) We should enforce JavaDocs

As an aside, could someone possibly speak to the lineage of the CheckStyle and CodeStyle settings
that we’re presently using inside Apex? Did these come from published settings (e.g. Google)
or are these all in-house?

Appreciate any input, thanks!

material from your computer.

material from your computer.