apex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Apex Core Release 3.2.0-incubating (RC2)
Date Fri, 30 Oct 2015 10:42:37 GMT
Hi,

> 1) We already have 3 +1 votes from our mentors from the PPMC vote thread.
> Do these votes automatically count for the general@ vote and hence that
> vote can pass even without a response?

They count but you still need the IPMC to look at the release (usually for 72 hours or so).
They may discover something we have missed.

> 2) Is it recommended that other PPMC members repeat their vote as non
> binding on the general list?

Not required, but extra non binding votes that check the release are always welcome. Non binding
votes can still pick up issues we may of missed.

> 3) There is an alternate release voting process described here:
>
>  http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Releases
>
> Should we adapt that process to simplify subsequent releases?

Totally up the PPMC, although I’d suggest (and only a suggestion) we go though a couple
of releases before doing that.

Thanks,
Justin