apex-dev mailing list archives

From "York, Brennon" <Brennon.Y...@capitalone.com>
Subject Re: CodeStyle and CheckStyle Inconsistencies
Date Tue, 20 Oct 2015 18:45:22 GMT
For 1 and 2 I¹ve made a JIRA to track
(https://malhar.atlassian.net/browse/APEX-204).

For 3) I definitely agree we need line wraps. Understand that everyone has
different length monitors, but, as a community, we should agree on a
standard moving forward as this becomes a community-owned project. How
does 120 sound?

For 4) if we want to start treating Apex as an Apache project owned by the
community that uses it we need to start working *for* the community /
developers who are going to contribute to it, not merely continue on as if
the people currently working on it will be the only primary drivers. That
won¹t engender growth or community engagement. If nothing else we should
be prepared to open our doors to new ideas and functionality to the
project, not make it more difficult through obfuscated code. It hasn¹t
been done to this point and that¹s fine, but moving forward I think we
should take a concerted look and take this as an opportunity to clean it
up / document it. It will only get harder as the project gains momentum.
And, if this causes failures, that¹s a problem for us to admit, accept,
and fix.