apex-dev mailing list archives

From David Yan <da...@datatorrent.com>
Subject Fwd: Version check in CLI
Date Wed, 28 Oct 2015 01:02:20 GMT
Hi all,

Just a heads-up that I have put in semantic version compatibility check in
CLI.

If your apa has a dependency on an incompatible Apex version with the Apex
CLI (dtcli) you're launching it with, you will no longer be able to launch
it.  Instead you will get an error from CLI.

For example, if your apa is compiled against 2.2.0-SNAPSHOT, you will NOT
be able to launch it with 3.x.x CLI.  More examples:

apa apex version, CLI apex version, compatible?
3.x.x, 2.x.x, no
2.x.x, 3.x.x, no
3.0.1, 3.0.0, yes
3.0.0, 3.0.1, yes
3.1.0, 3.0.0, no
3.0.0, 3.1.0, yes

It's recommended that you specify in your apa pom.xml the lowest known
compatible Apex version (e.g. 3.0.0, if your apa does not depend on new
features of 3.1.x or 3.2.x) so that all of 3.x.x CLI will be able to accept
it.

Let me know if you have any questions on this.

David