apex-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Weise <tho...@datatorrent.com>
Subject [MENTORS] Release candidates
Date Fri, 09 Oct 2015 06:28:21 GMT
I checked a few other projects and the approach that I see followed is:

1. Version number is set to target release (example: 2.5.0).
2. Release date is updated in change log or release notes
3. RCn is cut and put out for vote.

If it does pass, n++ and back to first step.

Otherwise the package is rebuilt without RC in the archive name.

But since the package is rebuilt, what finally goes out isn't really what
was voted on.

If that is acceptable, then can we also change the version numbers of the
artifacts that go to the staging repository for each RC (2.5.0-RC1) instead
of repeating builds against 2.5.0 with different code?

What is the recommended best practice?

Thanks,
Thomas