apex-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Weise <tho...@datatorrent.com>
Subject Re: [MENTORS] Release candidates
Date Mon, 12 Oct 2015 20:13:57 GMT
http://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html#signing-up

I initially also thought that this is a backward compatibility issue, but
actually this is not a big deal. When the downstream project changes the
version number in pom.xml, they will also have to change the groupId and
artifactId.

As already pointed out by Justin, the route of first changing the groupId
and changing the Java package names later has been taken by other projects
in the past.

Thomas