apex-dev mailing list archives

From Chetan Narsude <che...@datatorrent.com>
Subject Re: [MENTORS] Release candidates
Date Mon, 12 Oct 2015 17:39:51 GMT
On Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 8:46 AM, Thomas Weise <thomas@datatorrent.com> wrote:

> Thanks Hitesh, this actually answers another question I was about to ask
> :-)
>
> We have to make a choice for the upcoming 3.2.0-incubating release. If we
> want to use the ASF maven repo, then groupId and artifactId would need to
> be changed. The groupId is currently still com.datatorrent, it needs to go
> under org.apache.apex space.

Where are the requirements around groupId and artifactId listed? Is this
the page: http://incubator.apache.org/guides/release-java.html?

The action of renaming artifacts will not only be inconsistent with how the
package is assembled internally but also backward incompatible. I'll like
to see that such renaming is held off until we change the major version.

--
Chetan