apex-dev mailing list archives

From Tushar Gosavi <tus...@datatorrent.com>
Subject [APEX-105] Support for specifying module properties on modules.
Date Mon, 12 Oct 2015 11:40:06 GMT
Hi All,

As part of module support we will allow specifying module properties
through
external configuration files. The format will be similar to the operator,
instead of operator keyword we will use module keyword for properties
on module.

dt.application.<appname>.module.<modulename>.prop.<propertyname>=<value>
dt.application.<appname>.module.<modulename>.<propertyname>=<value>
dt.module.<modulename>.prop.<propertyname>=<value>
dt.module.<modulename>.<propertyname>=<value>

Setting attribute on the module.

There are no module attributes defined now, but we will add them in future
like
whether to group operators during parallel partitioning.

Setting attribute on a module port.
dt.module.<modulename>.port.<portname>.attr.<attributename>

The port attributes will be transferred to the internal operator port where
it is
mapped to.

Please let us know, If we are missing something, or some syntax need
changes.

Regards,
- Tushar.