apex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Apex Core Release 3.2.0-incubating (RC1)
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2015 22:42:22 GMT
Hi,

Mostly good, but sorry it’s -0 (binding) from me. There’s a few minor issues that need
addressing.

As described here [1] can you please place the release candidate in the correct place for
voting on [2] then when released it should be placed here [3]. It looks like these directories
need to set up by raising a JIRA with infra [4].

I checked:
- code is tagged in version control
- source file has incubating in name
- signatures and hashes correct
- DISCLAIMER exists
- LICENSE and NOTICE correct
- No binary files in source release
- All source file have Apache header (except a couple of example files)
- can compile from source

As noted KEYS file is missing.

This file is still marked copyright DataTorrent when it should be ASF.
./apex-app-archetype/src/main/resources/archetype-resources/XmlJavadocCommentsExtractor.xsl

Once build there are several NOTICE files that do not match the top level one. e.g. ./api/target/classes/META-INF/NOTICE.
The notice in the final jar under META-INF/NOTICE is incorrect. You may want to change NOTICE
 say "Apache Apex (incubating)” rather than just “Apache Apex”.

The url in the pom.xml is incorrect, it should be http://apex.incubator.apache.org, I’d
also change the name to "Apache Apex (incubating)”.
  <name>Apache Apex</name>
  <url>http://apex.apache.org</url>

When checking what tagged in version control and what in the source release I noticed:
- DEPENDANCIES file isn’t checked into version control
- dt-app-archetype and dt-conf-archtype directories are not in version control and are empty.
Are these needed?

Finally is there a guide to making a release that any committer could follow?

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#release-distribution
2. https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/apex