apex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Result Vote Apache Apex Core Release 3.2.0-incubating (RC2)
Date Tue, 27 Oct 2015 21:58:44 GMT
Hi,

There probably not need for this discussion to be in private unless we are discussing actually
people.

As several people have mentioned only PPMC vote are binding on releases, committers votes
are not binding. It useful to separate the list of binding and non binding to see if there’s
any contributors who are not PPMC members who have voted on the release. Committership can
be earned that way.

All the initial list of committers generally makes up the initial PPMC. [1]
"The Podling Project Management Committee (PPMC) helps a Podling learn how to govern itself.
It works like a PMC but reports to the Incubator PMC instead of to the ASF Board. Initially,
it is composed of the Podling's mentors and initial committers.”

Re submitting the vote to the IPMC as you have a minimum of 3 +1 votes by the PPMC no matter
which way you count it I don’t think there’s any concern there.

You can look up who is on the IPMC here [2]. By my count you have Alan Gates, Justin Mclean
and Hitesh Shah as IPMC member who voted +1. So you in fact already have the required 3 votes.

I also note Akshay Gore in not listed as a committer and isn’t on the initial committer
list and voted +1.

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html