apex-dev mailing list archives

From "York, Brennon" <Brennon.Y...@capitalone.com>
Subject Re: Guide for new committers
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2015 15:37:48 GMT
All, can someone provide a succinct guide on how to merge in a PR from the
Github mirror (at github.com/apache/incubator-apex-core) into the Apache
github repo (at
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-apex-core.git). I¹m
trying to test my commit access by merging in Thomas¹ PR (#53 to add a
LICENSE file) and I¹ve followed the links below (plus the other thread) to
set everything up although I can¹t figure out how to explicitly merge code
into the upstream repo. Any help here would be really helpful!

On 8/27/15, 1:12 PM, "Hitesh Shah" <hitesh@apache.org> wrote:

>Hi folks
>
>For all the folks who recently got accounts created, here are a set of
>useful links to help get you started:
>
>A general good-to-read guide about the ASF:
>http://incubator.apache.org/learn/theapacheway.html
>
>New Committer Guide: http://www.apache.org/dev/new-committers-guide.html
>
>Using Git at the ASF: https://git-wip-us.apache.org/
>
>Incubator related guides for committers and podling PMC:
>    http://incubator.apache.org/guides/participation.html
>    http://incubator.apache.org/guides/committer.html
>    http://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html
>
>thanks