apex-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Nauroth <cnaur...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Apex ASF JIRA Migration
Date Sun, 13 Sep 2015 22:11:31 GMT
Good news!  Gavin has figured out a simpler import process that won't
require the mass upgrade of JIRA.

Gavin needs help with defining a mapping from the usernames in the
Atlassian instance to the usernames in the Apache instance.  I've pasted
more details from Gavin's last update on INFRA-10145 below.

Amol, would you be able to help gather this information and post it on
INFRA-10145 for Gavin?  I expect you or one of your peers will be able to
do the most thorough job of this, because you have direct daily contact
with many of the initial contributors.  Thank you.

--Chris Nauroth

---

Ok [~cnauroth] I've had a good look around and I'm confident I can do the
imports without the need to upgrade our Jira instance.

What I need from you is help with user mappings.

For instance you have a user called 'nick' but that username belongs to a
different user in our jira. So, does your 'nick' have an existing
different username in our Jira? If not can he create one. I'd like this
information for all the jira users from your old project instances.

If there are users that are inactive and/or can't be contacted , let me
know that list and I'll prepend all their usernames (ie - imported-nick)
or similar.

Once I have all that info I'll start making some test runs.

On 9/10/15, 1:29 PM, "Amol Kekre" <amol@datatorrent.com> wrote:

>Chris,
>Thanks for helping. We need history, and can make it work for Gavin if
>there is a way out. We can work on which fields to drop etc.
>
>Thks
>Amol
>
>On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 9:47 AM, Chris Nauroth <cnauroth@hortonworks.com>
>wrote:
>
>> Thank you for the responses, everyone.  Since many of you value
>>retaining
>> the history, let's work towards that.
>>
>> Gavin has asked if we can give him until next week for a more thorough
>> status update on INFRA-10145.  Let's wait and see.  Maybe he'll find a
>>way
>> to streamline the process.
>>
>> --Chris Nauroth
>>

>> On 9/10/15, 9:01 AM, "Sasha Parfenov" <sasha@datatorrent.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Given the benefits of moving to ASF JIRA, option 3 sounds like the best
>> >way
>> >to go.

>>current
>>keys.