apex-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Nauroth <cnaur...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Sep 2015 ([ppmc])
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2015 23:54:57 GMT
The draft looks good overall.  Thank you, Amol.

Scanning the reports for all incubating projects, I see a strict adherence
to the "three most important issues" discussion format, presumably to
reduce information overload for the IPMC.  Apex currently lists 5 items
there, so maybe we should cut back in the interest of keeping it terse.  I
suggest removing "Start using ASF Jira" since it's a routine
infrastructure requirement that we expect to complete via INFRA-10145
soon.  We might also remove "Foster a diverse and vibrant Apex community"
for now, and bring it back in future reports.  It's difficult to make
progress on community building until after the infrastructure requirements
are completed.  Otherwise, it's too difficult to see who is assigned to
which issues, reviewing patches and committing code.

I also suggest that we aim to complete "Create an incubating web site" and
"Complete software donation" next month.  Then, we'll be able to report
them as completed for the October report, which will be a good
demonstration of progress.  I believe the software donation work is nearly
complete already, but I think we still need to find a volunteer for the
website work.

--Chris Nauroth