apex-dev mailing list archives

From Amol Kekre <a...@datatorrent.com>
Subject Re: Vagrant folders under Malhar/lib
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2015 15:59:06 GMT
Clean up container files left over should be a distributed OS task. Clean
up, back up, archive, ... all is for the OS (aka YARN). We must assume kill
-9.

The only thing where the operator comes into play is "teardown()", which is
business logic (not Apex engine) issue. This could be db connection etc.

Thks,
Amol

On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 8:52 AM, Thomas Weise <thomas@datatorrent.com> wrote:

> When the container gets killed, we should not assume anything about
> cleanup. It can be a kill -9. Any related "cleanup" falls under nice to
> have, no guarantees.
>
> On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 8:49 AM, Chandni Singh <chandni@datatorrent.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I have a question regarding what Gaurav mentioned
> > ----
> > When container runs in cluster, "." specifies the containers local path
> on
> > the node where container specific jars and other resources resides. It
> > creates a folder under that which is live as long as container lives. So
> > there are no vagrant folders anywhere
> > ---
> >
> > When the container gets killed, do we cleanup the folders created by
> Async
> > under the containers working dir?
> >
> > On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 8:42 AM, Thomas Weise <thomas@datatorrent.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> It makes sense to use the synchronous checkpointing for the local mode.
> >> LM is meant to simplify dependencies and setup. The default for
> execution
> >> on YARN remains async.
> >>
> >> Thomas

> path
> resides. It
> So

> chandni@datatorrent.com

> thomas@datatorrent.com>

> AsyncFSStorageAgent(new Path(pathUri,
> LogicalPlan.SUBDIR_CHECKPOINTS).toString(), null));

uses "."