apex-dev mailing list archives

From Isha Arkatkar <i...@datatorrent.com>
Subject Re: Style configurations for different IDEs - APEX-151
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2015 21:03:47 GMT
Hi,

      I checked the formatting template and import order for eclipse.
Everything looks great except following couple of things:
1. Statements within switch body indentation should be set to true. So that
we get something like this:
    switch (a) {
      case 0:
        Other.doFoo();
        break;
      default:
        Other.doBaz();
    }

   Vs this:
    switch (a) {
    case 0:
      Other.doFoo();
      break;
    default:
      Other.doBaz();
    }

2. I think we can disable line and block comment auto-formatting in my
opinion. Otherwise it results in extra line wrapping on cntrl+shift+F
 Like this:
    inputPort.put("optional", false); // input port that is not annotated
is default to be not optional
becomes:
inputPort.put("optional", false); // input port that is not
                                                 // annotated is default to
be not
                                                 // optional

3. The import order has static imports at the top, but in other thread on
import order it was mentioned that static imports would be at the bottom.
Whichever one is finalized :)

Thanks!
Isha