apex-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Weise <tho...@datatorrent.com>
Subject Re: Guide for new committers
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2015 15:47:56 GMT
Brennon,

See below. What you are looking for is mentioned under committer.

We should probably add this to our web site.

Thanks

*As contributor:*

Fork the ASF github mirror:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-apex-core/

You can then update your local repository to add the new fork as remote. No
need for another clone or to recreate your workspace.

Once your feature is complete, submit the pull request. Ensure that the
Apex JIRA numbers are part of the commit message (we have not migrated to
ASF JIRA yet).

*As committer:*

The ASF master repository is:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-apex-core.git

Access: https://git-wip-us.apache.org/#committers-getting-started

Use the command line to pull in the changes from the pull requests. Since
the github mirror is readonly, you will not be shown the convenient command
line instructions :-( Good opportunity to remember the git commands!

Once done with verification, push the changes to the master. Within a few
seconds, the changes will propagate back to the github mirror and the pull
requests be closed and marked merged.

Note: since none of us has write access to the mirror, only the author of a
pull request can close it.