apex-dev mailing list archives

From Chetan Narsude <che...@datatorrent.com>
Subject Re: APEX integration with travis-ci and 4MB log limit
Date Mon, 28 Sep 2015 18:44:28 GMT
Verbosity can be reduced to INFO level. It always bugged me that there was
so much garbage printed as part of debug log, that I was forced to ignore
even the occasional unexpected exceptions that the tests would spew out.

The tests should look clean when run, ideally, and print helping messages
when they fail. While debugging the failing applications/test, one always
has an option of changing the verbosity to DEBUG so having to do that in
debug environment is not a problem.

The only problem would be the tests which fail only during the PR trigger.
These are time/environment dependent tests and more frequently than not the
debug log is useless (inconclusive) from the PR test run.

--
Chetan