apex-dev mailing list archives

From Pramod Immaneni <pra...@datatorrent.com>
Subject Re: Supporting iterations in Apex
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2015 21:22:03 GMT
This is a good idea. One thing I can think of is you could save the tuples
on the side of the operator that is the loop originator (downstream
operator) itself for the [checkpoint-iteration..checkpoint] windows because
they are going to be in persistence storage like HDFS and can be accessed
by the loop destination (upstream operator) during recovery. The advantage
of this is you don't have to do a special save on the destination side but
rather piggyback on the HDFS save features of the bufferserver itself.