apex-dev mailing list archives

From "Ganelin, Ilya" <Ilya.Gane...@capitalone.com>
Subject RE: Visualize custom metrics in the dashboard
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2015 03:17:55 GMT
Hi Timothy - the idea was to surface our own metrics to the DataTorrent UI. We have been rolling
with this approach since it was recommended to us by DT folks. Is there a better way to visualize
metrics in the UI?

Thank you,
Ilya Ganelin

-----Original Message-----
From: Timothy Farkas [tim@datatorrent.com<mailto:tim@datatorrent.com>]
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 10:24 PM Eastern Standard Time
To: dev@apex.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Visualize custom metrics in the dashboard

Hi Ilya,

It looks like you are using Gateway as your websocket server. The protocol
to send messages to gateway is to use "publish" as you "type" not "data".
Also whoever is receiving data from the gateway needs to send a subscribe
message like this to gateway first {"type":"subscribe","topic":"myTopic"},
before they will receive any data from a topic.

Tim