apex-dev mailing list archives

From Chetan Narsude <che...@datatorrent.com>
Subject Re: Window Transactions
Date Fri, 28 Aug 2015 21:14:16 GMT
Atri,

  BEGIN_WINDOW, and END_WINDOW control events demarcate the the
transaction. We do not hold the first event after BEGIN_WINDOW hostage
until the END_WINDOW is received. This allows us to provide almost zero
latency at per tuple level. This is one of the the differentiating
paradigms for Apex.

  If we do it otherwise - the platform degrades to micro-batch processing
mode. More details about it here:

https://www.datatorrent.com/real-time-event-stream-processing-what-are-your-choices/

 Let me know if this answers your question or I misunderstood the question.

--
Chetan