any23-user mailing list archives

From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New to Any23 - Need examples
Date Thu, 17 Sep 2015 18:39:55 GMT
Hi Akhil,

On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 2:48 AM, <user-digest-help@any23.apache.org> wrote:

> I'm a 3 year experienced Java dev.I found any23 on my search to find good
> open source projects to contribute on. The whole concept of RDF is new for
> me. I couldn't find any 'examples' of what any23 can do.
>
> 1. I installed any23 CLI in my local windows machine. There was an slf4j
> error that I fixed by adding an extra jar slf4j-simple-1.7.5.jar and adding
> it to any23.bat > set CLASSPATH

Can you please open an issue in Jira and submit a patch for this? It would
be nice to clean this up.

> 2. I did some rover queries to google.com / quora.com etc. I did not get
> any interesting data.

What did you get? Can you paste it somewhere external and provide a link or
else paste it here?

> Could some one please show me an interesting example usecase of how any23
> is practically applicable. I couldn't find any tutorials in the internet
> too. May be I can add those to the documentation once I get to know it.

W3C websites are usually quite rich in metadata. Also news websites and
other media outlets are usually quite good.

> Here is an example usecase I tried, but didnt understand what to do with
> this kind of functionality. Please show me few good usecases:

Typically large home pages like this are not particularly rich in embedded
structured metadata.
Lewis