any23-user mailing list archives

From Stéphane Corlosquet <scorlosq...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Stéphane Corlosquet added to PMC
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2014 06:50:07 GMT
Hi all,

Thanks Lewis for inviting me to join the Any23 PMC. As a means of
introduction, here are a few words about myself. I first heard of any23
while I was at DERI between 2007 and 2009 when Sindice was getting designed
and put into production (they were using a set of script which later became
the first version of any23). I was sharing office space with Richard
Cyganiak and Gio's team, though I never contributed to any23 back then.
Instead, since 2007, I've been focusing on leading the efforts to implement
RDFa in Drupal 7 (released in 2011) and more recently in Drupal 8 (to be
released Q4 or early next year). A lot has changed since 2007 when it comes
to schemas (FOAF, SIOC, DC -> data-vocabulary.org -> schema.org) but the
need to have a parser for RDFa and structured data in general has remained.
In 2009, I was invited to join the RDFa WG at W3C and I was part of the
team that developed RDFa 1.1 and RDFa Lite. That's when I became more
involved with the RDFa community and got to know more about the various
parsers (in part because we have a list of them at
http://rdfa.info/test-suite/). I contributed to the PHP EasyRdf RDFa
parser. I'm not a java developer so my contribution to any23 remain limited
to filing bug reports, posting very basic patches and testing fixes.
Sometimes I may help someone if it has to do with RDFa parsing.

I'm at SemTechBiz [1] this week, so if anyone on this list happens to be in
San Jose, please get in touch!

Steph.

[1] http://semtechbizsj2014.semanticweb.com/

--