any23-user mailing list archives

From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RDF Format detection
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2013 21:58:43 GMT
Hi Jerry,

On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 11:48 AM, <user-digest-help@any23.apache.org> wrote:

> I am having weird RDF format detection issue. When I use the API, it
> detects rdf+n3 where as when I use http://any23.org/ it says turtle.
>

> I am actually trying to detect the Turtle format, so the website is *
> correct*. Where as the API detects *incorrectly*. I tried excluding the
> Tika v0.5 and adding the latest Tika v1.3 as dependency. Still the problem
> exists.

So you are using 0.7.0-incubating I take it? Maybe you could try checking
out trunk (which we are just about to release) and work with that. You can
also pull the dependency from the Apache snapshots repository, this
includes the Tika upgrade to 1.2.

> Another question, is regarding the MIME type relation. The MIME type
> returned from Tika, which is the first-level of detection in Any23, does
> not match the TikeMIMETypeDectector enumeration for RDF formats. Am I doing
> something wrong?

I don't really understand this! {bq}...Any23, does not match the
TikeMIMETypeDectector enumeration for RDF formats.{bq}
Can you explain this with an example please?
MIMETypeDetection should be consistent between API usage and the service,
there is no doubt about this.
Lewis