any23-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Anderson <b...@apache.org>
Subject process questions and request for help
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2017 21:30:17 GMT
Lewis, I have some questions regarding updates to the documentation for
2.0 and 2.1. I also need some guidance on how to markup and file PRs on
github.

First, context:
My updates to download.xml.vm fix two problems described in two
different issues; ANY23-309 (one misspelled word), and ANY23-306
(correcting URLs for the WAR pkg with deps).

The correction of the URL is a different issue from the one initially
pointed out in ANY23-306.

Q1: Should issue regarding the URL correction be added to 309? Then a PR
for that issue will be complete.

I think I have found the error that prevents the CLI module from
building for 2.0 and 2.1.

Q2: Should I clean up the comment stream on 306 and add the mvn output
there?

The issue that prevents the CORE module from building seems related to
ANY23-303 (JsonLdError of remote context loading). I have added some
information to that issue and will update with better mvn output.

Please let me know your thoughts on these questions.

Request for help:
I need a tutorial on how to best make changes on my fork of
github.com/apache/any23 to fit with the existing practice. I think that
practice is:

1. make sure my fork is up to date (I know how to do this)
2. to submit an update to fix an issue I think I do the following:
2.1. create a branch on my fork with the issue label
2.1. change the code
2.2. submit a PR on that branch to the master?

Breakdown: my github account does NOT seem to have merge access for the
apache/any23 repo. Is this something that I should be doing from the
command-line? And if so, then how exactly do I make that happen?

Bill