any23-dev mailing list archives

From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: any23 NQUADS formal page issue
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2016 21:35:02 GMT
Hi Bill,

On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 12:49 PM, William L. Anderson <band@acm.org> wrote:

> Lewis, do you want me to check-out the current version and provide an
> updated HTML file?

If possible yes. You can just do the following

git clone https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/any23.git (official
repository), or
git clone https://github.com/apache/any23.git (mirror)

All of the site documentation is then contained within
https://github.com/apache/any23/tree/master/src/site/apt

If you make a change please do so on a branch named after your Jira issue
e.g. ANY23-235. Please make your commit message as follows "ANY23-235
NQuads links broken on Supported Formats Page", this will enable the github
hooks to associate your new pull request with the relevant Jira ticket.

> I can do that, but I do not have access to the svn repository, do I?

Sorry I wasn't clear. The SVN repository is for hosting the documentation.
The source itself lives in
https://github.com/apache/any23/tree/master/src/site/apt

> I can view the source in a browser and try to provide an updated
> <li>...</li> snippet. Is this what you are asking for?

If that's what you think addresses the issue then yes please. It would be
great to keep the site up-to-date.

> Let me know.
>
> Also, should I have posted this question as a reply to your comment on the
> Jira issue? Is there an established practice to follow?

Either way is fine. Typically though, "If it didn't happen on the mailing
lists, then it did happen", therefore I would state that it's always good
for us to keep everyone in the loop.
Thanks very much Bill for cony contributions you can make.
Lewis