any23-dev mailing list archives

From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to use Rover from Java code?
Date Thu, 07 May 2015 00:24:25 GMT
Hi Pat,

On Fri, May 1, 2015 at 7:05 PM, <dev-digest-help@any23.apache.org> wrote:

> Thanks for the answers!

Least I can do.

> So today I'm in the office, and I'm having problems getting Any23 to work
> via our proxy. Due to Any23 wrapping HttpClient (confusingly with its own
> 'HTTPClient' class!), it doesn't seem so easy to configure the underlying
> HTTP library at all. In fact it also seems very awkward to configure even
> something as simple as the HTTP timeout. I tried passing a
> 'ModifiableConfiguration' instance to the Any23 constructor, but the Any23
> code still uses a newly instantiated 'DefaultConfiguration' when my code
> calls 'runner.getHTTPClient()' (I'm finding this initialization code very
> confusing at the moment...).

You can override the configuration as documented here
http://any23.apache.org/configuration.html
This should override the instantiation of the DefaultConfiguration.
Note you can also check out the Javadoc's for further information and API
design and use
http://any23.apache.org/apidocs/index.html?org/apache/any23/configuration/ModifiableConfiguration.html

> I was also having problems building Any23 from source on my Windows
> machine (both v1.1 and v1.2-SNAPSHOT). The 'Any23 Core' project seems to
> have failing tests, so to get it to compile I have to run 'mvn clean
> install -DskipTests' (and then the 'Plugins :: Integration Test' project
> fails, see [1] below). So finally I have compiling Any23 source on my
> machine (with no running tests!), and now I'm about to make code changes to
> allow me configure Any23 properly, and to see HTTP proxy settings on the
> underlying HTTPClient library...
>
> So lots of teething problems, and therefore I haven't even gotten around
> to trying to get my code to use Rover instead of just extracting from a
> single website entry point.

I understand that this may be an issue for you. We are working on
implementing a fix for the unstable tests. This relates to new
functionality for extraction of embedded JSON-LD. Since we committed the
new functionality it made some other tests unstable so we are working to
fix that.

Please keep on lists with your problems and we will try to iron them out.
Thanks