any23-dev mailing list archives

From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: a question on CSV to RDF conversion
Date Sat, 31 Jan 2015 20:28:52 GMT
Hi Cevahir,

Low hanging fruit here is to run this through our online service.

http://any23-vm.apache.org

If you are getting some triples back then you are good. Then you need to
ensure that you can reproduce using some code.

> >Upon running the above code using the sample input provided in the link:
> >http://any23.apache.org/dev-csv-extractor.html
> >

> >I get no output, I mean the outputfile sample.rdf is empty.
> >I checked whether there are any issues however I couldn't see anything.

Did you debug this? I mean this could potentially be the fact that your
path if incorrect. Did you check you are actually reading data from a CSV
file?

> >I would be extremely thankful in case you could inform me: I have been
> >searching the web for some info, however all I can get is the javadoc,
> >finally I decided to send an email:

Thank you for coming to the list. CSV extraction has been pretty stable an
untouched for a while now. We are very keen to ensure that the code is
capable of CSV --> RDF conversions.

In all honestu I would advise you to NOT use the CSV extractor explicitly.
Why don;t you try using the code we provide here
http://any23.apache.org/dev-data-extraction.html
The HTTPDocumentSource can be switched for a DocumentSouce and you can read
your data that way. It also means your code is more flexible and will save
you time in the future when you need to extract from XHTML for example.

> >1. What is an ExtractionContext? Do I define it above correctly?

No, you've passed in a String which relates to absolutely nothing. You
would need to actually name an extractor. You can check out the Javadocs
for concrete specification
http://any23.apache.org/apidocs/index.html?org/apache/any23/extractor/ExtractionContext.html

> >2. Where is the error?

I don't think there is an error. I think that nothing is happening. Your
code is not doing anything. If you follow the above then it will do
something for you i promise.

> >3. I would actually like to convert entities for example such as :
> >

> >first name, last name, age, address, ...
> >Davide; Palmisano; 30; ..

Piece of cake

> >How am I going to introduce schema.org <http://schema.org> vocabulary
> >into conversion configuration? What are the relevant APIs?

You don;t need to. We've already implemented this for you.

> >Is it the URI I put inside the extractionContext? (or this URI is for
> >introducing the
> >schema.org <http://schema.org> - so context comes from there )

No this is your target URI from which you wish to build a triples
manifestation. You do not need to care about the individual nature of the
vocabularies you wish to recognize within source data. Any23 will do this
for you.

> >Thank you for your time and your valuable help.
> >Once the issue is going to be resolved, I also hope to post it in the
> >internet so that more people can get help concerning this.

Well it is on the internet now. I hope that you are able to use Any23 for
your task.
Please post to this list if you have further difficulties and we can help
you.
Lewis