any23-dev mailing list archives

From Gregg Kellogg <gr...@greggkellogg.net>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Any23 1.0 Release
Date Fri, 16 May 2014 21:51:08 GMT
Do you ever expect to fully support RDFa 1.1? Look like it's just RDFa 1.0 with prefix support,
even that fails many tests. I think in the past, we've suggested using alternative Java RDFa
implementations; both Semargl [1] and clj-rdfa [2] are quite performant (substantially faster
than the any23 endpoint [3]) and fully conforms to the spec.

Running the basic test suite[4] shows you passing only 58 out of 170 tests.

Gregg Kellogg
gregg@greggkellogg.net

[1] https://github.com/levkhomich/semargl
[2] https://github.com/niklasl/clj-rdfa
[3] http://any23.org/turtle/
[4] http://rdfa.info/test-suite

On May 16, 2014, at 2:31 PM, Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibbney@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The Apache Any23 PMC are proud to announce the immediate release of Any23 1.0 which is
a major release for the project.

> Anything To Triples (Any23) is a library, a web service and a command line tool that
extracts structured data in RDF format from a variety
> of Web documents. Currently it supports the following input formats:
>
>  * RDF/XML, Turtle, Notation 3
>  * RDFa with RDFa1.1 prefix mechanism
>  * Microformats: Adr, Geo, hCalendar, hCard, hListing, hRecipe, hReview, License, XFN
and Species
>  * HTML5 Microdata: (such as Schema.org)
>  * JSON-LD: JSON for Linking Data. a lightweight Linked Data format based on the already
successful JSON format and provides a way to help JSON data interoperate at Web-scale.
>  * CSV: Comma Separated Values with separator autodetection.
>  * Vocabularies: Extraction support for CSV, Dublin Core Terms, Description of a Career,
Description Of A Project, Friend Of A Friend, GEO Names, ICAL, lkif-core, Open Graph Protocol,
BBC Programmes Ontology, RDF Review Vocabulary, schema.org, VCard, BBC Wildlife Ontology and
XHTML.

> A release report for this release can be accessed here
> http://s.apache.org/Ull
>
> Although we suggest that you use and consume the Any23 Maven artifacts there are also
a number of other download options on our downloads page as well as documentation for how
you can include Any23 in your projects.