any23-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <simonetrip...@apache.org>
Subject Re: git commit: ANY23-148 Programmes Ontology and updated WO vocab
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2014 12:56:00 GMT
Hi Lewis!

thanks a lot for putting efforts on that! I just have few minor notes:

> + *
> + * @author lewismc

as already adopted in other ASF projects, I'd suggest to drop all
@author tags, since committers are mentioned in the parent POM

> + */
> +public class Programme extends Vocabulary {
> +
> +  public static final String NS = "http://purl.org/ontology/po/";
> +
> +  private static Programme instance;
> +
> +  public static Programme getInstance() {
> +    if(instance == null) {
> +      instance = new Programme();
> +    }
> +    return instance;
> +  }
> +

this operation is not thread-safe, the instance can be potentially
instantiated more than once

> +  //Resources
> +  /** A version holding an audio description. */
> +  public final URI AudioDescribedVersion  = createClass(NS, "AudioDescribedVersion");
> +
> +  /** A brand, e.g. `Top Gea`r*/
> +  public final URI Brand                = createClass(NS, "Brand");
> +

first char of fields name should be lower-case (as above and below);
as an alternative solution, we could use an Enum for that type, unless
users have to define their own class...

HTH, all the best!
-Simo