any23-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DRAFT][REPORT] Apache Any23
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2013 02:19:17 GMT
Hi Lewis,

(Please note when replying, this is cross-posted to public and private lists).

I believe this would be an adequate report given the circumstances. Is this what the PMC wishes
to submit? Also, is Michele as chair available to confirm?

Thanks,
Brett

On 05/10/2013, at 8:31 AM, lewis john mcgibbney <lewismc@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Board@,
> Having missed last months report, this months report is rather peculiar in the sense
that we are at crossroad within the very few (active) members of the community as to where
to take the project.

> Progress has been very very slow. There have been a couple of new users of the software
but the community, for all intent and means, has been unable to help them on mailing list.
It is therefore sad that new users questions have gone virtually unanswered... which is a
real pity.

> This email I suppose serves to act as a direct line of communicating the current community
position within Apache Any23. This is not the first time that the attic has been mentioned.

> It is also important to say that we intend to approach the Apache Tika community in an
attempt to invoke motivation behind merging some/all of the Any23 codebase into Apache Tika
as there are numerous areas which one could define as being of common interest to both projects.
I am kicking off this discussion on dev@tika.a.o after I close this thread.

> If a formal report in the usual structure is required then I will be more than happy
to post it here, however in all honesty there is literally zilch to report.

--
Brett Porter   @brettporter
http://brettporter.wordpress.com/