any23-dev mailing list archives

From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Any23 0.8.0
Date Thu, 09 May 2013 16:14:21 GMT
Hi Andy,

On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 3:15 AM, <dev-digest-help@any23.apache.org> wrote:

> Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Any23 0.8.0
>         2777 by: Lewis John Mcgibbney
>         2778 by: Andy Seaborne
>
> Hi Lewis,
>
> Fair question - I'd rather see the issues at least discussed.  I'm not
> exactly sure what MIT requires here. Maybe the reference in the source is
> enough; the fact that jquery.min breaks the strict wording of it's own
> license is ironic.
>
> Personally, I think that all relevant info should, briefly, be in NOTICE
> or LICENSE not buried in files deep in the source tree so a mention is
> good.  But this is opinion, not requirement.
>
> On the source files with missing headers, I'd rather they were fixed but
> if people feel fix-now-for-next-time is sufficient, I'll not oppose that.
>
> How bad was the release process?  It didn't sound easy but if it is
> redone, would it be easier?

I think it may be worth rolling back this release and addressing these
issues.

> What is blocking the release is votes.  The silence in votes and
> discussion on matters arising is a bit worrying

I couldn't agree more. You may have seen that I've voiced my opinion on our
lists elsewhere. This actually is concerning for me... much more concerning
that not pushing a release.

I will roll back the release just now I think. There are other issues which
need to be discussed and ironed out here.

Thanks
Lewis