any23-dev mailing list archives

From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject Advertising Any23 to Jena
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 15:40:21 GMT
Hi All,

I've recently been toiling over this thought at the back of my head.

Jena has legacy RDF parsers [0]... Any23 should aspire to provide and
therefore be the #1 RDF-based parsering library out there.
Jena has a large codebase, I just saw Andy's release... one aspect of
which concerns the deprecation of some features and/or support for
legacy(ish) stuff.
I personally feel that it is about time we took this further and
offered the Jena community an option of whether they would be
interesting in offloading some more of their legacy code (possibly
pulling any good/better parts back into Any23 in the process) by
adopting Any23 as their primary parer implementation.

Any thoughts?

Best

Lewis

[0] http://jena.apache.org/documentation/javadoc/jena/index.html?com/hp/hpl/jena/rdf/arp/package-summary.html